5/24/2011

Change Your Thinking, and You Change Your Life


Last night between 8:00pm until around 10:00pm, hundreds of women and I were online on UStream live with Shanel Cooper Sykes. She is currently having these online classes called "The 7 Day Valuable Woman Challenge" and she is doing it for FREE. All you have to do is go to her website (http://www.shanelcoopersykes.com/main/vyv_broadcast.php) and register. Day 1 was about The mindset. Today is about Spirituality. Sign up so that you can see what the rest of the week will be about. Classes start at 8pm and end around 10pm eastern time. You must have a Ustream account and you must register in order to see her live because replays will not be available unless you pay!

Boy will I tell you. It was a mind opener for me. I realized that, although I have reprogrammed my mind with new knowledge and understanding of life, as well as deprogrammed it with old ways of thinking, I still have a lot of work to do. I am now aware, although I have been working on it, that I still need to change my language. Saying things such as I cant, I would only if, I do not have, Good things only happen to certain people, I'm tired, my life sucks, etc is words filled with negativity. You set yourself up for failure because you will only go as far as what your mind believes. Because before you DO, you have to BELIEVE!

I decided that instead of filling my mind up with negative words, I will fill them up with positive words such as: I can, I have everything I need to get to where I am going, Good things happens to me and opportunity is always flowing my way, I am filled with positive energy and I am exactly where I need to be right now in my life because this learning moment will help me to reach my true destiny. Choosing to use these type of words daily makes me feel so much better and hopefully they empower you also!!

Last night I also realized that I needed to believe that exactly what I want in my life is already mines. You got to believe that you already have that car. If you want a Mercedes Benz, you have to get into your 1999 Honda Accord and ride that Honda like it is that Mercedes Benz with your $2 .00 fake Chanel Sunglasses on and your hair blowing in the wind, (according to Shanel Cooper Sykes..lol). If you want that $200,000 house, you have to go into your one bedroom apartment house and live like you are already in that expensive house. You simply have to live and be like what you want to become. 

Last you have to expect it. Do not continue to expect LACK. Expect GREATNESS. Know that what you want is on its way. Its sort of like when you plan to go to this great party. You say to yourself I am going to look my best.  Matter of fact you already KNOW that you are going to be looking your best 2 seconds after hearing about or being invited to the party. You start to prepare in your head. You picture what type of outfit you will be going for. You picture the hairstyle you are going to wear. You picture the color lipstick and eye makeup that you will do to match the theme of your outfit. You just have it all figured out and you know that you are going to be looking the bomb even though the party is 2 weeks from now. Well that is exactly how we have to be with our lives.

We have to say what we want. Believe that it is coming and prepare and afterwards we just simply expect. God said ask and you shall receive. So after you ask,  you should expect and while you are expecting, get too preparing and, that will be a sign of your belief. I know that I am repeating myself but according to Miss Shanel Cooper Sykes, she says that repetition is the MOTHER of success. I will go as far to say that it is also the MOTHER of failure. What have you been repeating?

I know that what I have been repeating is not a good look and I plan on doing something about it TODAY, even if it is something small because in my opinion, small steps create one huge, massive step! So many of us walk around with a defeatist attitude towards life and seem not to mind. I say why not transform that mindset into a positive attitude and see what results we get that way. I mean what harm can it do?? What have negative thinking done for you in your life? It has done nothing for me personally but cause me misery! Did it make your life better? It made mines worse. Did it give you the results that you have been longing for?

If not, then I think its time for us all to make a change!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment